Is there any past-time quite as quintessentially American as baseball? Today was Josiah's first baseball game. Well, technically, it is teeball, but in a couple of years he will graduate to full-fledged baseball. His first game was meant to be last Saturday morning, but we got rained out. Today was gorgeous, a nice hot sun with a good cool breeze. Both teams batted twice. I wish I could say for sure that this is two innings, but I'm not certain. I used to think I knew what an inning was, but I seem to recall a conversation with someone in which my ideas of baseball were corrected. Peder? What constitutes an inning? Josiah did well...he has a tendency to goof off a little bit in these situations. He has inherited this tendency from his mother, I will freely admit. I had problems standing still, listening, controlling myself, paying attention.... What was I saying? I got distracted there. Anyway, Josiah likes to goof off a little. You know, stuff like horsing around, putting his...
Comments
Congratulations go out to Grandma Jan and Grandpa Pete, too, plus the aunts, uncles, and cousins!
______________________________
(Sorry for the deletions - it's early in the day and my spelling was off!)