Guess What Wii Got??!

OK, duh...a Wii!

I am super-excited though! We have been wanting one for a little while now (this is your fault, Peder and Sarah). They are pretty hard to come by around here. We would check periodically at Target, Wal-Mart and Best Buy with no luck.

But today the heavens parted, the sun shone its rays down, the heavenly trumpets sounded and lo and behold...a Wii was waiting for us at Wal-Mart. It was just like that. Maybe this is why Wal-Mart always had 780 skylights on their roofs...

They had probably eight of them in the cabinet when I went by to check, and by the time we left 15 minutes later, all but two of them were sold. I was so flabbergasted to see a real actual Wii in the cabinet when I walked up that I didn't know what to do. I was afraid to walk away from the area because surely the Wiis would all disappear before I could get back. Luckily for me, someone else had spied them before me and had summoned the surly, put-upon electronics guy to unlock the cabinet.

I'm glad that there were no scuffles necessary. I got my Wii, paid for it at the electronics counter and gleefully went to find Hans.

Happy Graduation Kitten!

Now, how are we going to get this thing to Germany?

Comments

DD4 said…
I don't have any idea as to what this thing (toy?) is, but I hope you get lots and lots of enjoyment from it.
Badger said…
You know, if I was ever going to break down and buy a gaming system, it would definitely be the Wii. They are pretty cool and you actually get some exercise while playing! Try not to get hooked...good luck.
Anonymous said…
Congratulations!

Wii'r very happy for you!
Anonymous said…
Hey? I haven't got to play on one of those yet but are they pretty cool? I know linz said something about getting one once. Anywho, do they come with any games?-e
MamaD4 said…
The Wii comes with one set of sports games, which includes tennis, bowling, boxing, baseball and one other that we can't remember. So far, I've only played the bowling. It's kind of hard to play with so little room because you need a lot of space to swing around. We will bring it to Minnesota with us and set it up in our hotel room for you guys to try out. We also bought the Star Wars Lego game (weird, huh) to play.
Anonymous said…
Good grief what a flood of blogs to catch up on since I got back from DC!! Be sure to keep the tether on your wrist (they do have one don't they?) to prevent breakage to surrounding objects.

Popular posts from this blog

A Long Day on the Road

Will Thomas Never Die?

To clear up any confusion...