Years of adventures from the author who brought you "Minnesota is Heaven" and "Minnesota Gaijin". Rebel Facebook denouncer, mother of three, wife to one sexy military man, cat owner, German car enthusiast, completely crappy cook/baker, introvert and mule to one great contractor.
House Pictures
-
Here's the money pit:
The garden is on the side, along with an enclosed porch.
Our little pocket garden...can't wait for summer!
Our bedroom is the room with the bay window...possibly the coldest room known to man.
Open porch
The garage is in back (where Hans and Joe are walking)...
I looove the movie "The Money Pit"! I think my favorite part is when the bathtub crashes through the floor and Tom Hanks has that crazy dry laugh. Ha! Ha! Ha! I like your front porch. I'm envisioning us hanging out there this summer drinking special grown up lemonades.
Yesterday was an(other) extremely long and stressful day. Here's how it was supposed to go: we would all get up, have a pleasant breakfast, get ready to go, get in the cars and have a pleasant and scenic trip to New Jersey with a nice stop for some lunch at McDonald's. It's a three hour trip down to Jersey, so I figured if we left by 9:00 a.m., we'd get Hans' car through the processing center, stop for lunch and be back on the road by 2:00 at the latest. Home to Newport by suppertime. We did have a nice breakfast, we did get on the road by 9:10 a.m. and our trip was pleasant and scenic until we reached East Lyme, Connecticut. Hans was following me on I-95. We were cruising along in the fast lane, when all of a sudden in front of me, at maybe a distance of two city blocks I saw a truck's tanker rise up in the air, fall to the ground and start to slide, long-wise across the freeway, towards us. It seemed so improbable that at first I just didn't understand. I...
OK. I know you all are going to think that I'm a great big meanie here, but this is the stark truth: I hate Thomas the Tank Engine. There, I said it. It is a confession that I feel ashamed to make. Josiah has loved Thomas since he was 18 months old, so it has been a long, long love affair for the two of them. At first, I loved Thomas too. I loved presenting Josiah with a new train to add to his collection. I loved getting new pieces of track and new buildings to expand his railroad. I loved putting together new, challenging and convoluted railways for him to delight in. Hmmm, maybe in the beginning, the love affair was partly mine. Somewhere along the line, though, Thomas began to get old. There have been times when Josiah seemed to show some interest in different playthings and Thomas seemed to gather dust. But lately, Thomas has been back with a vengeance. Josiah sings Thomas songs all day, stages elaborate railroad accidents all day, sleeps, eats and breathes Thomas. ...
We bought another car today. I know...you're all a little confused because there was some discussion of coming to the US to pick up the Routan, etc. and it seemed like we were waffling. Some of us were waffling. Others of us were secretly rejoicing that they won't have to ruin their "cool" image by driving a minivan. We talked our salesperson down to a reasonable amount and we're now the proud owners of a 2009 Audi Q7. Visit http://www.audiusa.com/ * if you would like a look. I requested a red one. I shouldn't say we're NOW the owners, because believe it or not, we won't be able to get it until Christmas time, even though they are made in Hungary. Think we'll tie a big red ribbon around it and call it a day. It can be like those Lexus ads, only better, because it's an Audi. Haha. * Caution: Visiting the Audi website may induce chills, shakes, sweats and heart palpitations. If you are in weak health, you should avoid building your own R8 and ...
Comments
I like your front porch. I'm envisioning us hanging out there this summer drinking special grown up lemonades.